These are some difficult days, we know. There is a load of laundry to do, dishes to clean, dinner to cook, baby screaming in the background and always a diaper to change - you are feeling a tad bit ...well...overwhelmed. You sigh and wonder if there is anyone who understands how you feel. On top of it all, in today's society many women tend to internalize the impossible-to-achieve image of a "perfect mother".
There is hope! At Household Staffing we UNDERSTAND how you feel and we want you to know that it is OK to take a break, actually it is healthy for you and your family. A recent study from the Journal of Pediatric Psychology found that stressed- out mothers are more likely to view their children as temperamentally difficult. Past studies have also suggested that extremely high levels of maternal stress are also related to children exhibiting poor behavioral tendencies. Built-up stress can also cause long-term health problems, including depression and anxiety, which clearly is not a desirable emotional state.
Here are five signs your stress level might be getting the best of you:
- You frequently feel frustrated and cranky, even about the little things.
- You experience chronic feelings of guilt and self-doubt.
- You feel like you’re just going through the motions of your day.
- You tend to feel tired and unmotivated.
- You have repeated physical symptoms such as headaches and insomnia, as well as other sleep-related difficulties.
First thing to do is GET HELP- it is okay to have someone come in for a day and help you with some errands, kids, chores, etc. Do not neglect yourself!