1. Dusting. Get it wet. While your grandmother may disagree, damp cloths will always do a better job at dusting than dry ones will. A slightly moist cloth attracts and traps dust, while a dry one simply pushes it around.
2. Removing Pet Hair. Sprinkling baking soda over rugs helps loosen pet hair. Let a light coat of baking soda sit just a bit, and then vacuum. It deodorizes as well!
3. Removing Red Wine Stains. Pretreat fabric with shaving cream, work into stain. Place in washing machine, using hot or warm water.
4. Carpet Odor. If you have pets or smoke indoors, keep carpeting fresh-smelling with baking soda. Just sprinkle baking soda liberally on the carpet, and let it stand overnight.
5. Microwave Cleaning. Place a handful of wet paper towels inside and run on high for 3-5 minutes. The steam from the towels will soften the grime, once the paper towels are cool enough use them to wipe microwave's interior.
6. Cleaning cast-iron pan. Rub with a few tablespoons of salt and paper towel then rinse. Replenish the oil film by coating the inside surface with a dab of cooking oil.